Andromeda

Mastery of blogging ?

Saturday, March 17, 2007

2nd Skype Exchange

Last Monday I skyped with Laura, a very nice girl from Tulane University. As I did in the first skype exchange I run the conversation speaking in English while Laura was speaking in Italian and I can say for sure she's really good in Italian and what's more she was very interested in how we recycle in Italy.

She's giving her active contribution to the recycling project at Tulane University: after Hurricane Katrina New Orleans remains submerged by debris and a gloomy and frustrated atmosphere covers the city. Only within the Tulane University they do recycle and for this reason the university and its students are collaborating with the council to develop a plan to clean the city and to help to ready the area for rebulding.

First of all Laura wanted to know my personal point of view concerning the recycling issue but soon after I understood she was mainly interested in how we manage to develop recycling education programs in primary and secondary schools but also within universities. She's really looking forward to find solutions for the current gloomy situation in New Orleans. I think american students are more involved in the matter than we are.

I skyped almost for half an hour ;-) and I also recorded our phone call :-(
It was very strange to listen to our conversation and once again I felt very unfamiliar with my voice speaking in English :-( I had the chance to listen to some of my peers conversations with other Tulane students too and I realized how their voices sound completely different when they're speaking in English even though I could recognize who they were.

I think it's not that easy to share our Skype experiences: I find it quite embarassing but I'm sure it's really a good exercise for our English learning experience ;-)

Alice


Photo taken from Flickr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home