Andromeda

Mastery of blogging ?

Sunday, December 10, 2006


WIKI-ING

Have you ever tried to contribute to a wiki? ...


My first experience with wiki-ing took place in these last days when I tried to give my contribution to a couple of articles among the huge range proposed by Edutech wiki.
At the beginning I was a little bit scared of all the subjects Edutech offers but then I bore up and started to read some of these pages. Having a look around I decided to contribute to a page where nobody else had already written something. I thought contributing to “e-tutoring” could be a good starting point: I made some searches on the web because I was sure that only my experience wouldn’t be enough. Thanks to the course Blogging English 1 I’ve been discovering what e-learning means but wiki-ing requires something more than personal impressions. Looking at what my tutor does and proposes I critically read the online pages on e-tutoring. I tried to focus my attention on the role both of tutors and learners on the context of e-instruction: it wasn’t that easy because of the wide range of material found but also because I couldn’t start to write something which everyone could read, judge and maybe refer to for his/her work. Every time I write a comment on my blog I know that anyone in the world can read it but I’m also sure that they can easily run up against my profile and in some way “justify” my mistakes. In wiki-ing is not so foregone.

Afterwards I decided to contribute to a page where I knew two of my peers were working at: I left just a couple of sentences on “podcasting” because they had already written most of the significant points we knew about it. Working in a team can be hard: you have to be ready to receive critics about your contribution and maybe to see your work deleted if the content appears to the other too trivial.

However both articles, this last one about podcasting and the other one regarding e-tutoring, are not complete yet. I’m really looking forward to see how they will develop and how I will go on contributing at them ;-)

Alice


Photo taken from:
Flickr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home